Lessons learnt in college. (To be kept in mind, probably for life)
1) Honesty is NOT the best policy. Smooth talking is the order of the day. Convincing lies can take you places. Just cover your tracks, and don’t lie too often..and if you do lie too often, come up with innovative excuses each time, to keep up your ‘brilliant’ reputation.
(i could explain with examples, but i definitely can’t take names, and don’t want the whole world stumbling across stuff which is suppossed to be discreet :P)
2) Keep two kinds of changes in mind–change in money, and change of schedule. Only and only a college student knows the importance of 5 rupees and 2 rupees 1 rupee coins and yes even 50 p coins..(they are boon, when you need xeroxes, quick lunch/snack, stationary etc.)
And when it comes to schedule–that can change when the professor desires, and exam scheules should be noted down correctly. Also do not listen to moron’s wo will call up one day before an exam to confirm whether there are two exams the next day or one exam!
3) Your best friend in first year, might just vanish from your life in 2nd year, same goes for your first crush (unless you’ve forgotten him enough to ignore his presence in the campus, corridoors, classrooms etc.)
5) Exams –give them or not, you definitely can’t ignore them. To not give them refer to # 1. Or else cram up all night, all week, puke them away in the paper and be prepared for some nice average marks.
6) Attendance won’t be an issue if you’re good friends with the class representative. Otherwise # 1 again comes handy (damn its such a handy point and now I just realised its importance when im nearing the end of 2nd year! damn)
Lessons learnt at home (they will only remain lessons, you cant do anything about them, they will never be useful)
1) Grabbing the computer when guests are being entertained is the BEST way out. Otherwise prepare your close up smile in advance and help to pour glasses and glasses of coke and fanta. (i swear i hate Thanda matlab coco-cola today, i have filled like 10 glasses of coke and fanta)
2) Repeating the same stories, information is such a drag…..zzzzz am already asleep
3) Changing into your PJ’s whenever you feel like can be a stupid mistake.
4) The word mistake doesn’t exist in my grandmother’s dictionary. Forgiveness is not a quality she possess.
Did i say college is fun? and Home is where the heart is 😛 Yeah Right!