Subject You think You Teach:
1 Do you know the nickname by which students refer to you? Y/N
2. If yes, do you know the reason/story behind it?
3. If No, why do you think you won’t have a nickname?
4. Do coloured print outs actually make you want to read/assess our assignments? Y/N
5. Do they ensure extra marks, brownie points? Y/N
6. If yes, Why?
– I’m not going to read your assignment anyways
– Give me some pretty images to gaze at
– I’m obviously going to use those assignments as my personal work… if they are good
– I have a secret setting with the print center. Ha!
7. How do you distinguish facts from faff?
– I’m high on detective skills (read: Google)
– I faff too, I can recognise it
– I judge facts by applying the degree to copypaste formulae (I’m still working on that)
– Facts don’t exist, unless ofcourse if I fabricate them
8. Select your most preferred synonym/phrase for the word ‘Syllabus’
– that you must hide from the students till the exams
– that you must cram in somewhere towards the end of a seemingly well structured course
– one that holds extreme value, on paper
– What’s that?
9. Justify your concept of ‘Deadlines’
– Why ask me, I merely have to set them!
– What the University sets for me
– You do get your marksheets and marks don’t you?
– My revenge 🙂
10. On a scale of 1-10 rate the following individually according to their level of importance (1 being least important and 10 being most important)
– Willingness to be a slave for the institute
– Obtaining secrets from the student camp
– Being a nobody and minding your own business
– Leaving googly questions in the toilet
Thank You. Actually maybe Not.